Caring for The Most Popular and Most Expensive Cat Breeds
Buying a pedigreed cat has definite advantages, with predictability being one of the biggest. Anybody who adopts a Maine Coon kitten knows that that kitten will grow into a large (possibly 20 pounds or more!) cat with long fur. Pedigreed cat breeds also tend to have characteristic personality traits. Some breeds, like the Siamese or Bengal, are noted for their liveliness, while others, like the Persian, are more sedate. Pedigreed cats, unfortunately, also tend to have certain health problems that the vigilant owner will have to watch for.
What Are the Most Popular Cat Breeds?
- British Shorthair
- Maine Coon Cat
- American Shorthair
- Scottish Fold
- Devon Rex
Source: Cat Fanciers’ Association 2016.
What Are the Most Expensive Cat Breeds?
- Savannah ($1,000 to $20,000)
- Bengal ($1,500 to $5,000)
- Maine Coon ($950 to $3,500)
- Persian ($1,800 to $3,000)
- Peterbald ($1,700 to $3,000)
- Russian Blue ($500 to $3,000)
- Sphynx ($900 to $1,900)
- British Shorthair ($800 to $1,700)
- Siberian Forest Cat ($1,300 to $1,600)
- Scottish Fold ($800 to $1,500)
Source: Cheatsheet 2017.